European WICE (Women in Construction and Engineering) Awards
As WICE aims to promote the value of women in the construction and engineering industries, it is now on
its 5th year to recognize these indestructible professionals who stand out in these sectors.
organization wants to reward them for their contribution and allow them to become an inspiration to
other females who also want to find their career in these fields.
Those who want to participate are free
to nominate the following finalists in different categories:
Business Development Finalists
Lyndsay Smith MBA, Bid Director at Balfour Beatty CSUK – being a versatile board member, her
successful leadership allows her to work with multi-functional teams that drive innovation and
create strategic decisions.
Rachel Bell, Divisional Director Architect at Stride Treglown – she was awarded “Property
Personality of the Year 2018” and a finalist for Architect of the Year during the 2014 WICE awards
for the Best Female Mentor category.
She was also shortlisted as a role model during 2018 UK
- Shauna Young, MCIOB Corporate Responsibility; Community Development Practitioner – Shauna
specializes in Socio-Economic Development through Negotiation, Construction Management, Contract
Negotiation, and Sustainability.
All these skills allow her to demonstrate a significant
contribution to the construction industry.
- Zoe Moss, Divisional Director at Charles Edward Limited – she was the woman behind the creation and
design of high-end property developments like the building of two penthouses and other developments
in the construction industry.
- Louise Colley, Director of Bids and Proposals at Balfour Beatty Major Projects – for 12 years of
working in Balfour Beatty, she stands out in the workplace by leading the management sector and
securing successful contracts that brought profit to the company.
Civil Engineer Finalists
- Rhona Marsland, Senior Geotechnical Engineer at SNC-Lavalin – Rhona has various experiences in
different industries such as Building Structures, Power, Water, and Transportation. She is highly
competent in the design of new rail stations and supervises the contractors and construction
- Eva Linnell, Senior Civil Engineer at Atkins – Eva, specializes in water supply and surface water
management. She also has experience in Lead Design Engineer for Wessex Water grid and Surface Water
Management strategy for Guernsey Water.
- Tina Gunnarsson, Temporary Works Engineer at Balfour Beauty – she manages façade subcontractor and
plays a significant role in the deputy sustainability, enabling her to score 45/50 consecutively on
the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
Electrical and Mechanical Engineer Finalists
Eva Mills, Director at Hydrock – during her 20 years in the engineering industry, she leads M&E
teams for creating concept design and leading a range of complex international real estate
Kusum Trikha, Senior Engineer at WSP in the UK – Kusum was a TechWomen 100 Winner 2018 due to her
remarkable performance in the energy sector. Her technical knowledge allows her to communicate
effectively in the renewable energy sector negotiations.
Laura Dunlop, Managing Director at GLD Technical Consulting Ltd – she specializes in Electrical
Building Services Engineering Design and Management. This experience allows her to unleash her
skills in electrical services and quality assurance.
Other categories of WICE Awards include:
- Best Woman Consultant
- Best Woman in Digital Innovation
- Best Woman in Environment and Sustainability
- Best Woman in Health and Safety
- Best Woman in Highways
- Best Woman Project Manager
- Best Woman Quantity Surveyor
- Best Woman Rail Engineer
- Best Woman in Tunneling and Underground Construction
- Best Young Woman Engineer
- Best Young Woman in Construction
- Best Woman Contractor
- Best woman Facilities Manager
- Best Woman in Construction Law
- Best Woman Construction Planner
- Best Young Woman Architect
- Best Woman Architect
- Best Woman Land Surveyor
- Best Woman Structural Engineer
- Best Woman Architectural Technologist
- Best Woman Interior Designer
- Best Woman Software Engineer
- Best Female Mentor
- Best Male Mentor
The WICE Awards also consist of judges who will do the initial short listing of the finalists based on
They are also the people behind the construction and engineering industry who have
valued experience, knowledge, and expertise in these fields.
- Mary Rose Griffiths, Partner at Gardiner & Theobald LLP
- Marianne Kilpatrick, Practice Director Transport Consulting & Advisory, specializing in public and
- Sue Percy, Chief Executive at CIHT
- Dr Louise Brooke-Smith, Partner at Aradis
- Amanda Illing, Chief Executive at Hardwicke
- Faith Wainwright MBE, Director of Skills and Knowledge at Arup
- Rina Goldenberg Lynch, CEO at Voice at the Table
- Benita Mehra, Director of Strategic Assets & Property at London Ambulance Service
- Jane Duncan, Principal at Jane Duncan Architects & Interiors
- Elizabeth Rickard, Finance Director & Chief Engineer at Highwire
- Linda Hausmanis, CEO at Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management
- Bridget Bartlett, Chairman of Advisory Committee at Construction & built Environment Education
- Dr Rosa Schiano-Phan, Principal Lecturer in Architecture & Environmental Design at the University of
- Dr Sarah Prichard, UK Managing Director at BuroHappold Engineering
- Elaine Lewis, Managing Director of Cadventure
- Caroline Mayes, Director at Stride Treglown
- Kate Cairns, Speaker, Advisor, and Advocate of Sustainability, safety, and Inclusivity
- Elizabeth Brown, Partner at Campbell Reith
- Paula Chandler, Senior Design Manager at Bouygues
Take note that these judges are qualified based on their background in the industry and they should also
work in these sectors for more than 20 years. The winners of the awards will be announced on May 21.